Thursday, November 14, 2013

"GOD "

I have a vague remembrance of myself lying on the sofa watching a India- Australia Cricket match.. it was the Sharjah  Cup..not that i was a die hard fan of cricket or any cricketer for that matter, but was watching it as me and mom had no other option :P Papa and sandu always had an upper hand wen it comes to handling the  TV remote  during Cricket matches...poor me and mom :D “Sharjah Cup”  the  match is still etched in my mind somewer as tat was my first Cricket Match i watched with interest . India required 254 to pass New Zealand on net run rate, and qualify for the final. Sand storm disrupted the play by about 25 minutes. Indian target after the break was 276 to win in 46 overs, or 237 in 46 to qualify for the final...and India Qualified :) Courtesy: SR Tendulkar...that was it....he mesmerized me and a nation...the admiration for him started all from there...still continues.....Every innings he played used to be a celebration due to a die hard fan in our house....my brother....he has tis amazing way of narrating the entire game for a person who is a layman that he can get anyone glued to it....imagine mom winding up all her household chores before an Indian Match :) I could connect to cricket through him i suppose.....my Twin...So much so that wen i met Sir Tendulkar (unexpectedly on a purely professional reason) all i culd say was that “My brother is a huge fan of yours”...was all choked up...culdnt utter a word ....calf muscles shivering all i culd hear was the DUPP sound of my heart in my tympanic membrane...tea left on the table and Sara noticing my nervousness managed to ask him “ Baba can we leave?”....i walked off straight wit a pounding heart ...witout looking back, outside the main gate and then stopped....
Wen i look back i feel so stupid tat i didn’t even ask for an autograph..hav seen celebrities before ...hav asked for autographs before ( courtesy KoChi and Mumbai Airports, Monday morning flights :p) but tis one was like Special ..wat we call  a heavenly Experience...may be because i met GOD...GOD of Cricket....my  first sports hero....

 P.S : Sandu cricket was never like before after u left :(  like tey say somewer between his debut and retirement we had an amazing childhood with blissfull memories :) my better half like Ronaldos and Messeyyss :p . Recently found a  cricket companion in  Pa-in-law though :) :)

P.S : Pravi no offence meant :) 


P.S: Kanna a big whole hearted Sorry .....



                " Hardwork pays off "

No comments: